Last Update: 8th January 2015
Smart Bureau Limited ("we" or “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. “You” or “your” means you as the user of our Website, App or services.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Smart Bureau Limited of 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom, Company No. 09250677.
Information We May Collect From You (and Your Device)
We may collect and process information about you when:
- you contact us, whether through our Website, App or otherwise (for example, by post, fax, phone, text message) to submit a complaint, report a problem with our Website, App or services, or otherwise liaise with our customer service, technical support or any other department in our company;
- you use and interact with our web pages and App, you fill in and submit information on our Website or App via your computer, a mobile device or otherwise, for example when you register a customer account, update your profile or use our services;
- you download, install (or uninstall), update, register or use our App to use our services;
- we ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them, and
- you enter any competition or promotion promoted by us or join any of our events.
This information may include your:
- company’s name, field of business and your position in the company;
- name, address, country, telephone number, e-mail, username and password;
- IP address, browser type, operating system, platform, ISP, mobile carrier, mobile device type, unique device identifier (for example, your device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, mobile operating system, mobile browser type and time zone settings; and
- details of your visits to our Website and your use of our App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web log files and other communication data.
- Please note that we are working closely with third parties (including, but not limited to, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may combine this information with information we collect from you.
- We may collect and process information about you when:
How We May Use The Information Collected From You
We may process this information for the purposes of:
- dealing with your inquiries and requests, personalising our services to you, carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including, but not limited to, the provision of services, billing and monitoring of payment) and providing you with the information and services that you request from us;
- >administering our Website and App for registration, customer account records and internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, transferring your anonymised data to Google in order to improve our services as well as improving our Website and App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you, your computer and your mobile device;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our Website and App, when you choose to do so;
- determining your geographic location using GPS technology, when you use our App;
- providing you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you opt out to be contacted for such purposes;
- providing you, or passing on your details to selected third parties and permitting them to provide you, with information about goods or services we (or they) feel may be of interest to you, if you have consented to this, by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the Registration Form);
- measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others;
- organising competitions, promotions or events;
- keeping our Website and App safe and secure, including to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities as well as checking the information that you provide against third party database to confirm that it is accurate;
- contacting you where necessary, notifying you about changes to our Website, App and/or services and enforcing our agreement with you; and
- complying with applicable laws and regulations.
- We may also gather your information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring the usage of our Website and App and provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- We may process this information for the purposes of:
- Where relevant, all your credit card details will be passed from your browser to the company that processes the payment on our behalf using SSL encryption.
- Where you have been allocated a customer account, this area is protected by your user name and password, which you should never divulge to anyone else.
- Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails/web-mails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered. This is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to implement appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
To Whom Will Your Information Be Disclosed?
- any member of our group), which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- our employees, affiliates and their employees, successors in title to our business, prospective sellers or buyers of our business or any of our third party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including, but not limited to, IT support, delivery, advertisement and payment services) to us or to you;
- government bodies, law enforcement agencies and other institutions if required by legal or regulatory requests;
- auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any of our business purposes;
- any third party where such disclosure is required in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other relevant agreements;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- where you have consented to this, to selected third parties that may contact you about products and services which may be of interest to you in any jurisdiction where we operate.
Your Contact Information
- You can change your contact details at any time by updating your profile in your customer account and update your contact preferences (if any) by changing your settings related to your notification choices.
You can write to us at any time to obtain a copy of your information and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Where appropriate, you may have your personal information erased, rectified, amended or completed.
- Please quote your name and address. We should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like a copy or which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
- We will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you. We may charge a fee of £10 to cover the administration costs involved in providing you with a copy of your information.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- Please write to Smart Bureau Limited of 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom (Attn: Customer Service) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can write to us at any time to obtain a copy of your information and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Where appropriate, you may have your personal information erased, rectified, amended or completed.
Where We Store And Process You Information
- In the event that the purposes for processing personal information change, we will contact you as soon as practicable and seek your consent where such notification relates to a new additional purpose for processing.
Use Of Your Personal Information Submitted To Other Website
- If you disclose your information to third parties, such as other websites throughout the Internet (including the ones we link to), different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other website even if you accessed the third party website using links from our Website or App.
- We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such websites if you have concerns or questions.
- Further Information
For further information from us on data protection and privacy or any requests concerning your personal information please write to Smart Bureau Limited of 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom (Attn: Customer Service) or e-mail us at: email@example.com.